Want to write for Buzz? WALES’ PREMIER WHAT’S ON GUIDE.
you’re in the right place.
Buzz is an independent pan-Wales publication online and in print, with a focus on Welsh culture and events first and foremost, but we’re not limited to its borders – and you don’t have to live in Wales to write for us, or angle all of your coverage around that.
Buzz is growing, and we are looking for new contributors, fresh ideas to build on our wonderful team of writers. If you have a burning desire to find a reputable outlet for your talent, get eyeballs worldwide on your writing, read on…
The editorial team are keen to hear from people who can write knowledgeably, concisely and compellingly on things that are culturally relevant and the following subjects:
- Food and drink
- Lifestyle (health/wellbeing, sustainability, environment)
- Digital Culture (gaming, streaming and audio)
- Travel and Tourism
This could take the form of reviews, features, listicles, interviews, opinion pieces… whatever works best for the topic at hand.
We love to receive pitches for articles, however wacky, unusual, different and unique as well as regular cultural content that we publish. Please keep in mind the following before considering sending us a pitch:
- Current – if it’s a review of an event it needs to have been in the last week or so; if a feature/interview there usually has to be some recent/upcoming occurrence to tie it into.
- What’s the angle – If the subject of your pitch doesn’t have that angle you might need to make a stronger case than “I like it”. Again, the extent of this varies from section to section. Review of a book by a London writer – sure, why not.
- Originality – things Buzz hasn’t covered before, either because they’re new or they missed our attention, are great. The website doesn’t contain everything we’ve ever done but if you search it that’s not a bad start. (NB we do still give lots of things repeat coverage over time!)
- Independence – We champion the independents, whether it be a shop, entrepreneur, artist, restaurant, local community leader or cottage industry – a cool new bakery or gin distiller – just opened – tell us and write about it.
- Bringing something to the table – one bonus of writing for Buzz is the chance to get, tickets, books attending events for a review. We do like to flag this up! All the same, “I would like to review [XXXX], could you arrange a pair of tickets for me please,” isn’t on its own a hugely exciting pitch, especially if you’re a first-time Buzz writer.
Please note: At present, we are unable to pay contributors – but we arrange free tickets when covering events, opportunities to attend events for review purposes, as well as interviews with all kinds of culturally interesting and relevant movers and shakers. However, we are also looking for staff writers which we do pay, depending on experience, subject knowledge and amount of content submitted.
If the above is for you, and you would like to write for Buzz, please complete the form below. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
For all other editorial enquiries, or to speak to us about anything else, please contact us.