CAREERS WITH BUZZ
Buzz is the home for arts, events and what’s on in Wales. We’re passionate about it. If you love telling great stories, discovering hidden gems and promoting Welsh culture in all its glory please keep an eye on this page for the latest creative jobs with Buzz.
For the last 12 months Buzz has been testing and piloting a brand new learning experience called Buzz Culture. The initial programmes have been a huge success and we’re now spinning out the programme into a dedicated Social Enterprise and setting up a framework that will help us support even more young people aiming to break in to the Creative and Cultural Industries.
To help us develop this initiative, we’re seeking and ambitious and experienced fundraiser.
Overview of Post
1. To develop and implement a long-term fundraising strategy which will generate on-going sustainable income to support all areas of the company’s activity.
2. Work closely with the Directors to ensure the company maximises its fundraising potential, achieving financial targets.
3. Monitor, and provide ongoing advice and insight into the fundraising landscape.
- Develop and implement a revenue fundraising strategy.
- Work closely with Directors to lead a comprehensive strategy for raising funds for learning Projects.
- To secure significant new sources of income for Buzz Culture and associated programmes.
- Support stewardship for existing funders, supporters and stakeholders.
- To represent and be an ambassador for the company, establishing and managing relationships which will help fulfil the aims of the fundraising strategy.
- Develop and nurture excellent relationships with donors, supporters and prospects to maximise long term support.
- Prepare and/or oversee fundraising proposals to a high professional level including monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Comply with the financial, management and monetary procedures of the Company, as well as operate to the latest guidelines set by the Inland Revenue.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications department to ensure effective and seamless public-facing campaigns.
- Prepare and present progress reports for funders and Directors
- To undertake any other tasks that may be reasonably required by the Directors.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in fundraising. If you do not have experience of working in the Arts/Cultural/Skills sector previously we would be looking for someone with a genuine and demonstrable enthusiasm for Culture.
- Proven experience of planning and implementing successful development campaigns and effective relationship management/stewardship.
- Demonstrable track record of meeting fundraising targets.
- Experience of producing persuasive, targeted and well-presented proposals and pitch presentations.
- Confident and articulate in written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with a wide range of organisations and individuals. Strong networking skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills. Proven ability to devise strategic project budgets and to manage, monitor and report on income and expenditure effectively.
- Computer literate with proven working knowledge of relevant IT especially Google Suite, Slack, data management and administrative support systems.
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated approach to work. Proven ability to organise and prioritise a demanding workload and to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working for a new Social Enterprise with big ambitions.
- An understanding and knowledge of tax and legal issues affecting development in the Social Enterprise sector.
- An understanding of the Welsh scene in respect of the government and its agencies, corporate giving, Trusts and Foundations, and individual giving.
- An understanding of blended learning experiences and employability programmes for young adults.
We’re a progressive company and we understand the nature of portfolio work in this field. We can be flexible with the type of contract or work pattern for the right candidate.
If you think this role is for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your C.V. to [email protected] to arrange an initial chat.
Closing Date: 12.00pm, Thursday 10th March 2022.